Monday, February 11, 2008

Monday: Here We Go Again

Our son was home from school again today. If I didn't know that my wife is very sensible and astute, I'd suspect that he had a case of "Mondayitis." This is the second Monday in a row that he's been sub-par.

He made use of the free time to work on a complicated Valentine-card delivery system for his Valentines Day card container. He's done a 'Rube Goldberg' contraptions before: and I think he's pretty good at it.

Something I didn't mention in Sunday's entry. #2 daughter got a slight shock as she was packing the van. For reasons that I don't entirely understand, she had her hands exposed outside: and noticed that they were steaming.

She reports that she thought something along the lines of "what kind of temperature is this?!" In a word, cold. I see in the news that International Falls is the official "Icebox of the Nation" again: with temperatures to match. In was 40 below zero there today. That's still-air temperature. Not wind chill.

I got two calls from #1 daughter today. She's excited about a trip she's taking to Washington, DC. To be at an anime convention. My wife and I did not recommend or endorse the trip, but she's of age and can make her own decisions.

I hope, while she's there, that she bothers to look at something besides anime and manga and fan art.

My wife finished painting the living room today. She saved the most challenging section of wall for last. It's the part over the stairs going down to the basement. Her solution was to
  • Put the paint can on a shelf between the wall and the stair
  • Set herself up in a rather dramatic pose, with her right foot on a stepladder and her left on the built-in shelves that surround the stairs
  • Grasp one end of a cardboard tube that she'd affixed the paint brush to and
  • Dip that brush with a four-foot handle into the bucket and paint the wall
All in all, an impressive bit of work: and the results look fine.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir