Thursday, February 14, 2008

Wednesday: Tomorrow's Valentine's Day

This morning, I discovered what our son and #3 daughter had been up to in the back yard yesterday afternoon.
They'd aligned the Valentine's heart with the bathroom window: right where my wife and I would see it. what a great way to start this day.

The rest of the day, for me, was spent getting work done on the computer - and doing some long-overdue clearing out of un-needed files. It's amazing how much space photos take up.

At the other end of the house, my wife was getting her living room flooring put in place. The methodical pro she'd found to do the job, and his helper, have the room looking better than it ever has. My opinion. She's been wanting to get a hard surface, and something that looks classier than the wildly-colored carpet, in that room ever since we moved here.

There's going to be some nostalgic remembering of the carpet. The kids used to play 'shape tag' on it, where they could only step on certain shapes. Even so, I'm pretty sure they'll like the change.

It was worth not being able to use the room for a day.

Tomorrow's Valentine's Day. And, to my slight surprise, I actually remembered to get something for my wife.

Our son told me that, when his teacher got a call from the office to tell her that his Valentine's card holder had been dropped off, she said something like, 'it's what size?!'

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir