Friday, February 15, 2008

Thursday: Valentine's Day


I put my wife's Valentine's Day present under a sheet of paper, where she sits at the kitchen table. With the work that's been going on, and my relative lack of familiarity with my wife's systems of household organization, I couldn't find conventional wrapping paper - or those decorative and reusable bags we use these days.

I think she liked it: a copy of "The Virginian."

Besides that delightful snow-card from yesterday, I got a "Cisco Kid" DVD from my wife: and a very cool combination flashlight/pen/laser pointer. My wife is well aware of how gadget-happy I am.

Our son showed me his new public library card. It's an impressive thing: plastic, with their new GRRL logo (Great River Regional Library), and a place for him to put his signature.

That outsized Valentine Card deposit system of his came home today: My wife and #3 daughter took the van over to collect it - and him.

Apparently, the Valentine's Day party at school went well. They let him set up that Star Wars / Lego Playstation game that he and I picked up yesterday evening. (I see that I forgot to put that in yesterday's entry.) Then, one of the adults at the school got concerned about the game and asked him to do something else: which he was quite willing to do. I suppose it was too violent, or something of the sort.

Finally, a funny thing happened to me on the way out of Wal-Mart this afternoon. There was a car parked perilously close to my rear bumper. That wasn't what was so funny, though. Take a look:
What's wrong with this picture?

This driver had
  1. Judging from the angle of the front wheels, driven the wrong way down one of the lanes
  2. Swung into the handicapped parking spots, covered part of one, plus the loading/unloading area next to it
  3. Without the authorizing tags, stickers, or windshield card
I'll admit that snow had obscured some of the lane and other markings.

Just the same, I think whoever did this deserves credit for getting three errors in one go.

The good news: there were plenty of other spots available, and I got out without scratching the poor fellow's paint.

To be a little serious: I'm impressed at how few people take those handicapped-parking spots without authorization.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir