Friday, February 29, 2008

Thursday: Soo Bahk Do, Feeling Flustered, and Music

The big deal today was that members of the family got their stripes in Soo Bahk Do. My wife is now a green belt with two stripes, #3 daughter is a green belt with one stripe, and our son has his orange belt. He got that last week, I believe. The stripes came this evening, at Soo Bahk Do class.

I'm proud of this family.

#2 daughter went to the class, too. She's been a bit distracted, by going to college, and so has lagged a bit behind.

Seriously, I've been enjoying #2 daughter's decision to spend spring break here. She's spent much of her time with my wife and #3 daughter: showing great good sense. I've had a little time with her, too. Including tonight, when she taught me a little of what she's learned in her years as a music major.

"Taught" might not be the right word. "Introduced" is closer to the truth.

We got about an inch of snow today, I think, putting a fresh cover on the ground. Looks nice, and if it melts slowly enough in the spring, we'll get some good groundwater out of it.

"Feeling flustered?" I've got a bulletin to put together by Monday (about noon would be good), and I'll be fully occupied from about noon tomorrow until late Sunday, with some family business.

It's been less than a week, since my mother died. Funny, it seems as if more time has passed.

2 comments:

Jeff Wills said...

Brain, I really like this page too. The web cam, with a new picture every minute or so, is fascinating!! I love small town America. I admit I am nostalgic for it all. I grew up in Va. Beach, Va., in the 70s and 80s. It was not quite the small town your little town is, but it had the small town feel to it. I really miss it. I currently live in Dunkirk, Maryland, which is somewhat small townish. Funny, where I live now is actually more rural than where I grew up in Va. Beach., but it’s not the same. I am sure that is because I don’t see the world with 8 yr old eyes anymore. But like you, I have children, and I live vicariously through their eyes. Especially my 8 yr old’s!

Keep up the excellent blogging Brian.

Brian H. Gill said...

Jeff,

Thanks for the good words.

Yeah: kids are an excellent reminder of how fascinating and engaging the world is.

I'll do my best to keep up the blogging.

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir