Sunday, February 17, 2008

Saturday: Guitar Lesson, Grilling, and Rabbit Tracks

#3 daughter gave another guitar lesson this morning. She and her student seem to be enjoying the process: and I'm enjoying the music.

I grilled lunch today, after shoveling a few inches of snow out of the way. I think I'm finally getting the hang of not incinerating burgers: today's batch came out looking pretty good.

While out there, I had a chance to study rabbit tracks in the snow: including one set that seemed to be from a rabbit that popped into existence near the grill. A more reasonable interpretation of the marks is that a rabbit started heading north, made a long leap, turned around and hopped back northward.

I'll try to get photos up, tomorrow.

One of my wife's sisters - and a cousin - came this afternoon. They were having a mother-daughter day that took them half-way to Sauk Centre, and decided to go the rest of the way. Mostly to see the Sauk Centre grandfather, with us as a side-trip.

We had some difficulty, extracting #3 daughter's cousin from #3 daughter. Those two enjoy their time together.

Our son is still having a great time with the new floor in the family room. He's discovered that it's smooth enough to let him 'fly' his Bionicles on it - allowing aerial make-believes. It's a little loud, but he's having fun.

#2 daughter called, twice, this evening. She forgot her cell phone at my father's place, and needed to recover it. I think she enjoyed visiting him, too.

#1 daughter called, too. She's still enjoying that anime convention in Washington D.C.. That trip of hers is impressive, in its own way. She travels a thousand miles to America's capital, and it looks like the most she'll see of the place is the inside of a swanky hotel, and a distant view of the Naval Observatory.

At least she's learned something during the trip: talking over what's in Washington the other day, I mentioned the Library of Congress as a place to see. She didn't remember that it was something besides an online database.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir