Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday: 'New' Van, Valentine's Day Approaches

I drove my son to school today. He was carrying a motorized contraption he'd built, that took Valentine's Day cards and dumped them in a sack. His class had its Valentine's Day party today. I understand it worked fairly well: although it did fling a few cards back.

My wife and I (and #3 daughter) bought a 'new' mini-van this afternoon. It's a 2002 Dodge, with about 187,000 miles on it. It's in good working order, and I think we got a pretty good price for it.

It's good to have a working van again.

Still no results from #3 daughter's CAT scan.

This morning, I met with the psychiatrist who prescribed venlafaxine. He's increasing the prescription, for now. The stuff's expensive, but major depression is, well, depressing. Good news on the financial aspect of the prescription: there seems to be a generic equivalent to the brand-name Effexor coming soon. Financially speaking, that's a relief.

My wife, #3 daughter, and my son went to Soo Bahk Do this evening. The ladies were mostly observers, again, but #3 daughter participated a little: Demonstrating how, if someone is trying to drag you off - and succeeding - you should yell for help.

Very practical, in some ways: Soo Bahk Do.

It's late, I need sleep. Tomorrow's work will have to wait until tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is for Brian Gill. I hope this is the right place.
Just wanted you to know that my husband also takes Effexor. The Dr. wanted him to take it once a day but the price was way over our budget (we are retired and only receive SS). There is no generic for the kind taken once a day, but he now takes it 2 times a day . It's the same medication but instead of taking 150mg once a day he takes 75 twice a day. One is Sustained Release (SR)and the other is Extended Release (ER).I can't remember which is which. Anyway there is a generic for the kind taken 2 times a day, and it is very reasonable.
Hope this helps.
I read your page every day - am glad #3 daughter's neck is'nt broken. Hope they both get better soon.
Anne Massey
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
jerryannemassey@charter.net

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir