Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Week and a Day After the Crash

It's been a week and a day since my wife and #3 daughter co-starred in a car wreck. They're doing pretty well, under the circumstances. #3 daughter has 'whiplash.' There's reason to believe that the muscles that are clamping to disks in her neck together will unclench. Maybe before the cast on her right arm comes off. Broken wrist.

Both of the ladies are sleeping a great deal more than they usually do: which does seem to have something to do with the healing process.

'Well, Today I Didn't Do it'

There's a cartoon I saw, a long time ago. One panel, showing a living room in chaos. A woman was sprawled on the couch, talking to a man who was coming in the door. The caption was something like this:

"You've ask me what I do with my time all day? Today, I didn't do it."

I'm not as surprised as that husband: I've handled housework from time to time over the years. Good thing, too, because my wife and #3 daughter needed relaxation and no stress. Still do. There was our son, but he's a 12-going-on-13-year-old boy. A fine fellow: but you get the idea.

So, for a week and a day now, I've been taking care of some of the more obvious, critical, chores, and making sure that my wife and #3 daughter can relax. (I'll grant that expecting my wife to relax while I worked in her kitchen was a bit much.)

I even took off the slippers I normally wear, before going into the room where the ladies are resting. Those things clomp, and I'm noisy enough as it is.

Ain't I a swell guy?

Seriously - all this comes under the heading of 'least I can do' stuff. I'm just glad I'm able to lend a hand.

A Milestone

Yesterday and today, my wife has told me and our son to get the dishes and kitchen taken care of after the evening meal. Before, I'd just do it.

Getting back to the routine of issuing instructions for household chores is, I think, a good sign that she's feeling better.

Meanwhile, the two ladies are walking more freely - and that's all the exercise they're supposed to do for the time being. I think it's getting to be a bit frustrating.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir