Monday, September 28, 2009

Two Van Lights, My Son, and My Father

I drove the van to the north side of Sauk Centre this afternoon, to get a new headlight and brake light put in. While I was up there, I took a look around - there may be new construction at the baseball diamond up there. Either that, or I don't remember what the place is like. Which isn't all that unlikely.

I've been a bit distracted lately.

My son and I, as usual, read Garfield - today's strip and three weeks' of strips - online, and sang a song my father sang to me: or something rather like it. That's a pleasant routine. The two of us have been reading the daily and Sunday strips of the Garfield website: three weeks (or so) a night. By now we're back to 1991.

I'd write more about what's been going on: but as I said, I've been a bit distracted.

Or fuzzy, at any rate. I knew my father's death was coming - and inevitable. I've wept, now and again, but was a bit concerned at the apparent lack of intense emotion I'd been experiencing. This morning, I had a rather satisfactory bout of grief. Not that I enjoyed it, but at least I can assume that it's not building up pressure, until I have a sort of emotional Mount St. Helens eruption.

And, on that cheerful (?) note, I bid you goodnight.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir