Friday, August 31, 2007

#1 Daughter Still in Interesting Times, #2 Daughter Briefly Back

Our oldest daughter's life, this week: She
  • Got a job and moved to Alexandria
  • Lost the job
  • Got another job
  • Lost that job
I think she's now convinced that she can't get work done in a paint/chemicals/stuff-in-the-air environment.

Then, today, she slept for 14 hours and woke up with a fever.

There's supposed to be a Chinese curse, "may you live in interesting times." Whether the saying originated in China, or in the April, 1950, issue of "Astounding Science Fiction," I can attest to the preference I'd have for stability, serenity, and predictability, in contrast to what this family has been experiencing lately.

Not that all surprises are bad.

After we'd finished eating supper (the evening meal, for this family), the doorbell rang. It was #2 daughter, home until tomorrow afternoon, when her ride comes through town again.

I've seen her, and exchanged a few words before she was whisked off by #3 daughter. At this point, #2 daughter is consulting with my wife on some matter that I probably wouldn't understand, even if I could hear them clearly.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir