Sunday, August 19, 2007

End-of-the-Weekend Report

Today was quite a bit like yesterday, plus going to church.

The rain has continued, and is welcome. I know: this is 'just talking about the weather,' but during a drought, rain is more important than usual.

The lawn of someone I talked with last week was so dry, the weeds were withering. Here in town, our weeds had been doing okay, but now the grass is starting to get green, too. Which means that it'll soon need mowing.

I've been told there was some excitement near our home recently. Someone I knew was arrested for stealing from the Alexandria Wal-Mart. And apparently he'd been living in a house near ours. It was a rental place, and the last two sets of tenants had lifestyles that encouraged the police to visit at intervals.

I'm not making excuses: if he's guilty, he must deal with the consequences. Still, it's a sad day for the guy and his family. I also hope that the stolen property was recovered.

Small town America is a wonderful place to live, but it's not paradise. Still, I'd rather live here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a bit unnerving to live near a neighbor involved in a crime. I can relate. I live in the quiet countryside in a small town. I just learned one of my neighbors (about a mile away) got arrested with 52 different counts on the federal level, no less! These charges included everything from tax evasion to conspiracy to commit murder. Despite this slice of The Godfather taking place so close, I'd still rather live here too.

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir