Friday, January 18, 2008

Friday: Getting Caught Up

Wednesday and Thursday of this week were one of my less well-organized periods. Thursday wasn't particularly outstanding, except that my wife, our son and #3 daughter had a test at Soo Bahk Do class in the evening. We don't know how that turned out, yet.

My wife declared a moratorium on painting the living room walls. She's still sorting through some of the clutter that accumulated there, though. Quite a bit of it seems to be mine.

The exercise place I go to, Fitness Guru (odd name, good place), had a sign up on the bulletin board. A family is trying to get a very favorite toy back:


I hope that toy gets back to its owner.

We've been getting calls from #1 daughter and #2 daughter more often than usual. That Ave Maria Singles website seems to have been a good idea. Both are carrying on correspondence with guys they met there.

Meanwhile, our son is looking forward to a four-day vacation. Between Martin Luther King Day on Monday, and the end of a quarter, they have Monday and Tuesday off. I suspect that the school system has some sort of meeting planned: they don't always take MLK day off.

Our son told us that he hasn't gotten grades for last quarter, and may not for this quarter, either. The school is having computer trouble. They've been changing the system, and this time got buggy software.

Flags were up this afternoon, downtown, to be ready for Martin Luther King day on Monday.

I grew up across the river from Fargo, North Dakota, in the Red River Valley of the North, so central Minnesota is "down south" for me. This afternoon, I felt right at home here, weather-wise. A brisk wind, about 20 mph, blew out of the west, emphasizing the sub-zero temperature. That's sub-zero Fahrenheit.

My wife had called #2 daughter, urging her not to try driving up to see my father this afternoon. Good idea. They're both up in the Red River Valley, and her car isn't as robust as it could be.


This was an invigorating day, even by my standards.

By the time I was heading home today, the sun had set, and the thermometer was exploring the lower part of its scale. Frost was forming on the door frame of the building I was in.


That door frame is as cold as it looks.

Now that I've read some pages of a "Garfield" comic to our son, there's not much left to get done before the weekend.

I'm looking forward to grilling burgers tomorrow. If all goes well, I may talk my wife into letting me grill all four days of our son's four-day weekend.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir