Monday, January 21, 2008

Monday: Martin Luther King Day, and Wal-Mart

My wife has been planning the next phase of her room-painting project. About half of the living room walls are painted now.

#3 daughter was feeling a bit under the weather in the morning, but seems to have perked up.

It's Martin Luther King Day: marked by flags downtown, and the "I have a dream" sound bite playing over and over on the radio. I lost track at about a half-dozen replays of the recording, and that was early in the day. I was tuned to Minnesota Public Radio: They had a rather enthusiastic program for this federal holiday.

Toward the end of the afternoon, my wife sent me to Wal-Mart for paint and vacuum cleaner bags. Our son went along, expressing the opinion that I'm fun to be around. Nice of him to say so.

We checked out where the Bionicles would be. There's shelf space cleared for the 2008 releases, but nothing in place aside from price tags. Then, our son and I found everything except of of the kinds of paint we'd been sent to get.

After supper, I went to the Fitness Guru: I'm trying to make exercise there part of the weekday routine. It'll take time to catch up from decades of relative inactivity, but I can already notice some improvement.

Finally, I read "Garfield" with our son.

My wife fielded a couple of calls from #2 daughter today, and I had an excuse to phone #1 daughter. Actually, she called me, and I made two return calls. My excuse was that she was helping me write a press release for some webcams I set up. (You'll see links to them in the sidebar.)

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir