Saturday, December 22, 2007

Friday: Countdown to Christmas

Three more days, and it's Christmas.

Happily, preparations in this household are complete. As far as I know, at least.

Our son is looking forward to Monday. That's when some very special things go on at school, I understand. A friend of his was over here this afternoon for a while. The friend came up with an interesting question: what to Bionicles eat? I'll say this for that Lego company product: It can get kids thinking.

#2 daughter and my wife had a long talk in the kitchen this evening. What they talked about, I don't know. Still, it warms my heart to see and hear those two doing mother-daughter stuff.

#3 daughter and our son watched cartoons, and I had a talk with #1 daughter on the phone: in other words, we had a fairly normal evening.

#1 daughter has been reminding me of the virtues of Yahoo Messenger each time we talk: mostly that it's less expensive to use that the telephone (not counting connection charges, I suspect) - and allows file transfer. One of these days, I'll sign up.

I had blood drawn for a physical earlier this week. They must have liked what they found, because I got called back for an encore yesterday morning. Then, yesterday afternoon, I got a call from the clinic. The nurse told me that we had good news, and bad news.

It looks like I've got an early stage of diabetes - or something that looks a lot like it. Happily, that was the bad news. Even better, a relatively inexpensive medication with only mildly disgusting side effects should keep me going for quite a while.

Best of all, this will be a wonderful incentive for me to get control of my weight, and get in shape.

No comments:

Advertisement
Unique, innovative candles
Visit us online:
Spiral Light CandleFind a Retailer
Spiral Light Candle online store

On Twitter, I'm Aluwir